Houstonians sought a getaway from the busy city. They came to the Kemah Boardwalk, which is only 30 minutes southeast of Houston. It is a prime spot to look forward to boating, fishing, dining as well as shopping from boats to souvenirs. In 1997 Kemah boardwalk was formed now; it’s 60-acres large.
There is something for every one of all ages from the young kids to the grandparents to do, which makes it great for a family getaway.
If you’re looking for a romantic spot. With all listed below, no one should be without something to do.
Today Kemah Boardwalk is considered one of the premier boardwalks in the United States. The boardwalk has visitors from all over the world.
The fact this boardwalk is open year-round makes it easy for anyone to plan this as a vacation spot.
Kemah Boardwalk has some of the best restaurants around, plus with the themes, it makes for a fun visit.
- Aquarium Restaurant – Serves Lunch & Dinner with an Undersea inspired atmosphere with several massive tanks to go from the floor to ceiling round centerpiece aquariums. Also, the Stingray Reef where you can pet a Stingray. Plus Tropical Rainforest.
- Lighthouse Buffet – Serves Lunch & Dinner has a buffet of 75 feet long, no formal here casual attire welcome.
- Red Sushi – Serves Dinner has Japanese Cuisine, Sushi & Hibachi Grill. The chef does presentations at the tables.
- Flying Dutchman – Serves Lunch & Dinner this is a Kemah icon it has a large waterfront patio to enjoy dining while watching the Clear Lake Channel.
- Cadillac Bar – Serves Lunch & Dinner plus has a weekend Breakfast, not to mention they serve authentic Mexican Food.
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. – Serves Lunch & Dinner inspired by the actual movie “Forest Gump” only restaurant concept based on a major motion movie. It is also a Market.
- Landry’s Seafood House – Serves Lunch & Dinner very first restaurant to open Kemah Boardwalk. They to have a waterfront patio for dining upon.
- Bayside Grille – Serves Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Saltgrass Steak House – Serves Lunch & Dinner inspired by Texas Saltgrass Cattle Drives.
- Pizza Oven – Serves Lunch & Dinner with stone-hearth baked pizzas.
These rides are an experience one won’t forget anytime soon. Some will even put your stomach into your throat, so you better hold on tight.
- Iron Eagle – two-seater zip line ride.
- Wonder Wheel – Mini Ferris wheel.
- Double Decker Carousel – 28 ft. with sea creatures plus animals.
- Century Wheel – Ferris Wheel 65 ft. tall.
- Boardwalk Express – CP Huntington Train (Miniature train)
- Hypno Spin – tilt-a-whirl ride.
- Boardwalk Tower – Observation tower rotates so the riders can see far and wide.
- Jungle Bounce – Frog hoppers.
- Aviator – Swing ride.
- Boardwalk Bullet – high-speed wooden roller coaster 96 ft. tall 3,236 ft. long is built on one acre. It is one of the most compact roller coasters in the world. Speed of more than 51 mph.
- Pharaoh’s Fury – pendulum boat ride swings back then forth.
- Flare – 73 ft. tall, loop coaster ride.
- Rockin Rocket – Rocking Rocket.
- Boardwalk Beast – speedboat ride.
- Drop Zone – Freefall tower ride (140 ft. tall).
Want other things to do these are great ideas:
- Face painting
- Pirate Ship (You’re at the Helm)
- Dancing Fountain
- Midway Game
- Saltgrass Games
- Main Stage
- Palapa Stage
- Beverage Kiosk
- Kemah Boardwalk Marina (400 slip Marina)
- Boardwalk Fantasea – 133 passenger yacht is available for private events, but also does public dinner cruises are scheduled throughout the year.
Can’t leave without everyone having a souvenir or two. Not to mention all the beautiful apparel, bags, and accessories would look great on you for your next time you eat dinner out at one of the above restaurants. So you must not forget to check out the shops:
- Saltgrass Junctions Store
- Daiquiri Shack
- Boardwalk Fun Shirts
- Toy Crossing
- Blayne’s Boardwalk Fashion
- Surfs Up Shop
- Thomas Kinkade Gallery
- Treasures by the Bay
- Violets are Blue
- Kandy at Kemah
- Sweet Scoop Ice Cream
- The Pizza Oven
- Funnel Cakes & More
- Snack Express
- Dippin Dots – Ice Cream Shop.
- Sweet Scoops – Ice Cream (open 11 am).
Cooling Zone – Too hot, this is an excellent area for you to stop under. The cool mist comes down from above covers you allowing your body to cool off.
Artists – These artists have an exquisite vision they use when they draw your face into an artwork. You will be amazed you’ll want everyone to see hanging on the wall of your home. Also, a great reminder of the fun you had in the sun while at Kemah Boardwalk.
Boardwalk Inn – You must stay at our hotel, Boardwalk Inn, which is located right on the boardwalk itself. With 48 deluxe guest rooms and four master suites, offer a feel of a seaside retreat enhanced with nautical artwork, plus oversized bathrooms and all having private balconies overlooking the Boardwalk waterfront and Galveston Bay. It as so has a parking garage, so you don’t have to worry about your vehicle.
Other Related Post What Texas City Name Means “Wind in the Face?”
Do you like this post, and want to see more please subscribe below: