Well, it is the start of a brand new year. Did you make your list of resolutions?
You know the list that usually contains half of the year before for the sheer fact that they didn’t get completed. No Worries I’ll just add it to next year’s list; maybe they’ll get done.
Yeah, you know what I mean, are you right there with me?
I always have good intentions at the beginning of the year, but as the year goes on, things happen, and the list goes by the wayside.
So this year, I am going to set goals some short term ones as well as some long term ones, giving myself reasonable deadlines for each of them. That way if something does happen, I can still pull off getting things accomplished.
Some of my short term goals are:
- Planning out the year’s blog posts.
- Planning out the release of my books.
- Starting a side job for extra money.
- Getting organized, I want things to make it easier to store items within our Travel Trailer.
- Keep at the weight loss that I have been accomplishing. (No, I am not dieting that is the worst. I am just eating smaller portions and being more active.)
- Plan out first months meals. (This is something new I have started and it’s a pain to do but I find it much easier to have it scheduled so that when I am extremely busy with writing, teaching, granddaughter and just everyday life, it a lot easier. Plus it makes for a great way to keep the shopping at the grocery store to a minimum so we don’t go crazily over our budget.
Some of my long term goals are:
- Writing each post than making sure that they are posted to different platforms.
- Getting the covers for each book, having them edited, plus marketing them before their release date as well as afterward.
- Make a savings plan for hickups as well as Holiday funds.
- Figure out how to save/plan for a vacation this year.
- Pay off my hubby’s truck.
- Buy another vehicle for me.
- Locate some land to buy.
I am the type of person that does better under pressure, so by setting time-limits to finish each goal, it puts pressure on me to make sure I achieve them.
If you have a game plan that you use to stick to your goals, I would love to hear about them? Leave them in the comments below.
Do you like this post, and want to see more please like, share and join us via email.
Happy New Year!